Country Fried Bacon
I bet you have never had bacon like this before! Thick sliced bacon soaked in Half and Half, dredged in seasoned flour then deep fried for the most delicious bacon ever!
Adapted from http://www.allrecipes.com
Slice the bacon in half.
Separate the pieces of bacon and place them flat into a
shallow dish. You will only get half of the bacon into a
9” x 13” dish so use two dishes.
Pour enough Half and Half over the bacon just to cover it.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes but not more
than 2 hours. This step helps reduce the bacon from
curling and adds a wonderful flavor.
Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper and sugar in a shallow dish.
Remove the bacon dish from the refrigerator then take
bacon a piece at a time and shake off excess Half and Half.
Place the bacon into the flour mixture, coating both sides.
Heat oil to about 365 degrees over medium heat.
Carefully drop the bacon into the oil turning over
halfway through cooking. Once golden brown,
place the bacon in a single layer onto a plate
covered with paper towels.
Country Fried Bacon
- 1# thick sliced bacon
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Slice the pound of bacon in half with a sharp knife.
- Separate the bacon pieces and lay them flat into a shallow dish, you may need two dishes.
- Pour just enough Half and Half over the bacon to cover it. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes but not more than 2 hours. This step helps to reduce the bacon from curling and adds extra flavor.
- In a shallow dish combine the flour, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Remove the bacon dish from the refrigerator and shake off the excess liquid from one piece of bacon at a time then place it into the flour mixture, coating both sides.
- In a deep skillet heat the oil to about 365 degrees over medium heat. Place about four pieces of bacon into the oil at a time, turning each piece over halfway through cooking. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Once the bacon is golden brown on both sides, remove with a slotted spoon and place the bacon, in a single layer, onto a plate covered with paper towels.
- Serve immediately.