Cheesy Chicken Or Turkey Noodle Casserole
Pasta, chicken, cheddar cheese, onion, milk and creamy soup tossed together then baked in the oven for a delicious casserole that will feed the entire family.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the
butter and sauté the onions until tender.
Spray a 4 quart casserole dish with cooking oil.
In a large pot cook the pasta according to the
package directions. Drain thoroughly
then return to the hot pot.
Add the soup to the skillet and stir with the butter and onions.
Add 1 & 1/2 cups of the cheese and stir until melted.
Gradually stir in the milk.
Stir in the chicken.
Add the creamy chicken mixture to the noodles and
toss well. Taste then add salt and pepper to taste.
I felt it was salty enough and just added pepper.
Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Add the remaining cheese.
Bake another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
I prefer to mix the cheese into the pasta before serving.
Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 – 10.5 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 16 oz. wide noodles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onions until tender.
- Spray a 4 quart casserole dish with cooking oil.
- In a large pot cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly and put back into the hot pot, set aside.
- Add the soup to the skillet and stir into the onions and butter.
- Add 1 & 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir until melted and mixed in.
- Gradually stir in the milk until smooth and creamy.
- Add chicken and stir.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the noodles and toss well.
- Taste then add salt and pepper to taste. I found it salty enough and only added pepper.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake until melted, about 5 minutes and serve immediately.