Cheesy Burrito Casserole
Tortilla’s, ground beef, taco seasoning, onion, refried beans, sour cream, taco sauce, cheese & cream of mushroom soup that is two layers thick in a casserole dish then baked in the oven.
In a large skillet over medium heat
add the ground beef and onion.
Cook until the onion is soft and the
ground beef has no pink remaining.
Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
Add the refried beans, stir until hot.
Mixture should be creamy, not in chunks,
and mixed well with the ground beef.
In a medium bowl combine the sour
cream and cream of mushroom soup.
Add the taco sauce and stir to combine.
Spray a 4 quart oven safe
dish with cooking oil.
Spread half of the sour cream
mixture on the bottom of the dish.
Cut or tear 3 of the tortilla into bite size
pieces and place on top of the
sour cream mixture.
Put small spoonful’s of half of the
ground beef mixture on top.
Spread the mixture evenly
over the tortilla pieces.
Top with cheese.
Repeat the steps above starting with
the remaining sour cream mixture
and ending with the remaining cheese.
Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until hot
and the cheese is melted.
Cheesy Burrito Casserole
- 6 large tortillas
- 1# ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 1 – 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 – 10½ oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- extra sour cream & parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the onion and ground beef until the onion is tender and the beef has no more pink remaining.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir well.
- Add the refried beans and stir until creamy, combined and hot. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the sour cream and soup.
- Add the taco sauce and stir to combine.
- Spray a 4 quart oven safe casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Place half of the sour cream mixture over the bottom of the dish.
- Cut or tear 3 of the tortilla into bitesize pieces and put them on top of the sour cream mixture.
- Place half of the ground beef mixture on top by first placing small spoonful’s all over the top of the tortilla pieces. Using a spoon gently spread the ground beef mixture evenly over the top of the tortilla’s.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Repeat steps 8 – 11.
- Bake uncovered for 20 – 30 minutes or until the center is hot and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.