I was intrigued by one of the ingredients in this recipe so I had to make it. I used fresh parsley from my garden but dried parsley will work just as well. Full of Parmesan cheese, ham, garlic and olives with this one other ingredient made the best tasting Italian Ham-Spaghetti!
Source: Adapted from My Great Recipes
In a large pot cook the pasta
according to the package directions.
While the pasta cooks add the butter,
garlic and ham to a large stock pot.
Over medium heat melt the butter and cook
the garlic and ham until the garlic is tender
and the ham is hot, stirring occasionally.
This only takes a few minutes.
Then turn the burner to very low.
Drain the pasta well.
Add the pasta to the pan with the ham.
Toss to mix the ham and garlic into the pasta.
Add the cheese and half of the parsley.
Toss until the cheese is mixed
evenly into the pasta.
Add the eggs and olives
then toss to combine.
Add salt and pepper then toss.
Continue to cook over very low heat
until the egg is no longer visible,
tossing the entire time.
Add the pasta to a large serving plate
and top with parsley then serve.
- 2 cups cooked ham, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley divided in half (or 5 tsp dried divided in half)
- 6 eggs slightly beaten with a fork
- 3/4 cup sliced pitted black olives
- In a large pot cook pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, in another large pot add the butter, garlic and ham.
- Over medium heat melt the butter and cook the garlic and ham until the garlic is tender. This will only take a few minutes. Turn the burner to low, stirring frequently.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly then add to the pan with the ham.
- Toss pasta with the ham.
- Add the cheese and half of the parsley. Toss until the cheese is mixed into the pasta evenly.
- Add the eggs, olives, salt & pepper then toss to mix evenly.
- Continue to cook over low heat a few minutes, tossing frequently, until the egg is no longer visible and is cooked.
- Pour the pasta onto a large serving plate. Garnish with parsley and serve.