Easy Chicken & Rice Burritos
What a great way to use up leftover Rice and leftover Chicken! Add your favorite salsa and cheese and you have a meal. I had bought a rotisserie chicken and saved one of the breasts. I save 1 cup of the Cilantro Lime Rice from yesterdays post. This is ready in no time and should make three delicious Burritos. This recipe is compliments from my husband.
Place the cooked and diced chicken
into a small frying pan.
Add the taco seasoning to the chicken.
Toss the chicken and seasoning together.
Add the water and cook over medium
heat just until the cooked chicken is hot.
While the chicken heats up, place
the rice in the microwave until hot.
Lay a large tortilla flat.
Place 1/3rd of the hot chicken on
the bottom third of the tortilla.
Place 1/3rd of the hot rice
on top of the chicken.
Quickly add 1/3rd of the cheese
on top of the hot chicken and hot rice.
Finish by adding a 1/3rd of the salsa.
My husband will show you how to
close up the burrito. Start by folding
the right and left sides toward the middle.
Use your thumbs and fold up the end.
Complete by folding over one more time.
Top with salsa and more cheese.
Repeat with other two tortillas.
Slice each one in two and serve.
Easy Chicken & Rice Burritos
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked & cubed (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite kind)
- 1 cup cooked rice (I used my cilantro lime rice recipe in the files)
- Add the cooked and cubed chicken to a small frying pan. Add the taco seasoning and stir to coat the chicken.
- Add the water to the pan and heat, over medium heat, just until the chicken gets hot.
- While the chicken heats up, place the cooked rice in the microwave until hot.
- Lay one tortilla flat on a counter. Place 1/3rd of the hot chicken on the bottom third section of the tortilla.
- Place 1/3rd of the rice on top of the chicken then immediately top with 1/3rd of the cheese.
- Finish with 1/3rd of the salsa.
- Fold both sides of the tortilla (at each side of the filling) in toward the middle of the tortilla.
- Fold the very bottom of the tortilla near the filling upwards then continue to roll until sealed. The ends need to be tucked in while you roll it.
- Top with salsa and shredded cheese.
- Repeat with other two tortillas.
- Slice them all in two and serve.
Thanks tomorrows post is Green Chilis Chicken Casserole and it was delicious!
I love green chili’s!
Thanks Jess! [[[hugs]]]
This is our daughter Molly’s idea of heaven!
Hahaha how old is Molly?
Just about to turn 11. She LOVES burritos with chicken, rice, black beans and guacamole.
That’s amazing because it’s a pretty healthy meal! Most kids her age only want to eat processed food…lol You are doing something right! WTG!
We try our best…thank you!
I love the step by step photos. It’s exactly the kind of instruction I need.
Thank you! When I started cooking many years ago I always thought recipes were confusing. I wanted to make my blog easy for any level of cook. There is nothing worse than doing all the work making something and then it doesn’t turn out because of the recipe.
Thank you so much!💕
Looks yummy – does your husband have a brother?
I love these types of meals. Quick. Easy. Delicious! I have my fork and knife. I am ready! 🍴🍴🍴
Me too Bernice and I can buy a huge rotisserie chicken cooked and delicious cheaper then a raw one! Then I freeze the 2 breast halves and eat the dark meat. Whenever a recipe calls for cooked chicken I have it!
I do the same. So much quicker than cooking chicken especially for soups and casseroles.
Looks so delicious. Everyone needs to be able to make a good burrito!
I never could wrap them right and my husband had to show me. I use to just roll them and all the filling would fall out. 🤣😂🤣
I always overfill 😂
Your recipes sound amazing!
Thank you so much Moushmi!
Very satisfying meal. Love it!
It really is and very good! Thanks for your nice comment!
Definitely quick and easy and it looks delicious.
Thank you Carla!
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.
Thank You for reblogging this redcrosse 10999!
Looks delish! I wanna try the recipe sometimes…:)
Thank you it is worth making and very easy.
Looks delicious. You do such a great job on the images step by step and directions!
Thank you so much Star!