Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread
This was the best blueberry bread I have ever made! I will definitely be making this again. I grow my own blueberries and used them for this recipe. This bread was moist, a great blueberry and lemon flavor and super easy to make! My seven-year old granddaughter made most of this one with my help. The crazy thing about it is I found the recipe from a Kroger magazine called “My Magazine.” I guess I will be checking those recipes out a little better from now on!
In a large mixing bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour,
baking powder and salt and whisk well.
Stir in the lemon zest and sugar.
In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and oil.
Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir just until combined.
Spray the bottom and sides of a 9” x 5” bread pan with cooking oil.
In a small bowl add the frozen blueberries.
Add the 1 tsp of flour to the blueberries and toss coating the berries with the flour.
Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
Pour batter into the greased bread pan.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 40-50
minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Place on a cooling rack, still in the pan, for 15 minutes.
Carefully remove from the pan and finish cooling completely on the cooling rack.
Make the glaze in a small bowl by whisking together
the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
Add enough juice that the mixture is thick but will still pour.
Drizzle the glaze over the bread allowing it to drip down the sides.
Slice and serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap.
Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup blueberries, I used frozen
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt, whisking well.
- Add the lemon zest, sugar and stir.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk, egg and oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9″ x 5″ bread pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl add the blueberries. Add the 1 tsp of flour and toss to coat the berries with the flour.
- Gently fold the berries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the bread from the pan and place back on the cooling rack until completely cool.
Make the glaze:
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar and the lemon juice. Stir until smooth. Add just enough lemon juice that the mixture is thick but you can still pour it.
- Drizzle the glaze over the bread.
Store in an air tight container or cover with plastic wrap.