Don’t you love fall with all the pumpkin recipes? I have been making these Pumpkin Cookies for decades. They do not have any eggs in them and they rise really high. Usually when I make these Pumpkin Cookies I frost them with a buttercream or cream cheese frosting but this year I decided to leave the frosting off.
Cream the butter.
Add the sugars to the butter and
cream them all together.
Add the pumpkin, water and stir.
Combine the rest of the dry ingredients.
Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture.
Drop by an ice cream scoop or a heaping
tablespoon onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Dip a fork in water and lightly
press down on the cookie.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for
14 – 16 minutes (for the ice cream scoop size)
or until golden brown on the bottom.
If you dropped by a heaping tablespoon,
bake for 10-12 minutes or until
golden brown on the bottom.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 2 Tbl water
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp allspice or pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream the butter.
- Add sugars and cream with the butter.
- Mix pumpkin into butter mixture.
- In a bowl mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until combined.
- Drop onto an ungreased baking sheet using a large ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon.
- Dip a fork in water and press down on the cookie.
- If you used the ice cream scoop, bake for 14 – 16 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. If you used the heaping tablespoon, bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- If you like a sweet cookie, frost with either buttercream or cream cheese frosting.