Easy Blueberry Pie
I made this Easy Blueberry Pie with our homegrown blueberries. However, my blueberries were frozen. I only have two blueberry bushes and I get about 2 cups of berries per day. So I wash my berries, let them dry and freeze them. I can use them all year long that way. When I bake with them, I thaw them about halfway or more before baking. If you are new at making pie crusts, or just don’t like doing it, purchase a premade refrigerated double crust. Otherwise, use your own favorite pie crust recipe and make your own.
Ingredients – 2 pie crusts
Pour dry ingredients into a
bowl and whisk together.
Put the blueberries into a medium bowl.
Drizzle vanilla over berries and toss well.
Pour combined dry ingredients on top.
Toss well without breaking the berries.
Put prepared pie crust into a 9″ pie plate.
Place blueberry mixture on top of pie crust.
Dot with butter.
Place another prepared pie crust on top
of the pie plate. Seal the two pie crusts
together by crimping and fluting the crust
edges. Cut 1″ slices all over the top of the
pie crust to allow the steam to escape.
I have a pie form that cuts the squares
in mine but you do not need it.
Place in a preheated 425 degree oven,
on the lowest shelf, for about 50 minutes
or until pie crust is golden brown.
Easy Blueberry Pie
- 1 double crust (refrigerated) prepared pie crusts (or make your own)
- 3/4 cup sugar if blueberries are sweet…1 cup if they are tart
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with the oven shelf at its lowest position.
- Put the blueberries into a medium bowl. Pour vanilla over the blueberries and toss well being careful not to break open the blueberries.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. Pour the dry ingredients over blueberries and toss well being careful not to break open the blueberries.
- Place one pie crust into a 9″ pie plate. Pour blueberries into the pie crust scraping the bowl.
- Dot the blueberries evenly with butter pats.
- Lay the other pie crust on top, crimp and flute the edges of the two crusts together.
- Using a knife cut about ten slits into the top crust to allow for the steam to escape.
- Bake on the lower shelf of the oven for 50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown being careful not to let the crust edge burn. Let cool on a cooling rack and serve.