Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole
Cheesy ground beef topped with fries that are smothered in even more cheese! It doesn’t get any more American than this! This one is kid and adult friendly and very easy to make. My four year old grandson asked to take the leftovers home! My husband and I loved it as well.
Adapted from All Recipes.com
Ingredients – The onion is optional.
Most kids don’t like onion, like my
grandkids, so I always leave it out.
However, I do put dehydrated onions
in and the kids never know the
difference and we still get the flavor.
Place the fries on a large baking sheet
trying to get them all flat on the pan.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and bake the
fries for 10 minutes. Remove the pan
from the oven and set aside.
Turn the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
In a large frying pan over medium heat
cook the ground beef with the onion, garlic
powder, salt and pepper. Drain the grease.
Add the three soups.
Mix well and cook over medium heat
for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish
with cooking oil.
Pour the ground beef mixture
into the baking dish.
Place the fries over the
top of the ground beef.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven
for 30 minutes. Turn the oven to broil
leaving the pan on the middle shelf.
Broil until the fries are crispy
and turning brown.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle
the cheese evenly over the fries.
Put the pan back in the oven until
the cheese melts, about a minute.
Place on serving plates and enjoy!
Cheeseburger & Fries Casserole
- 32 oz. bag frozen French fries
- 2# ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic
- 1 – 10.5 oz. can golden cream of mushroom soup
- 1 – 10.5 oz. can tomato soup
- 1 – 10.5 oz. can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the fries flat on a large baking sheet and cook them for 10 minutes. Remove the pan and set aside.
- Turn the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat cook the ground beef, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder until no more pink remains in the ground beef. Drain the grease.
- Add the three soups and mix well. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking oil.
- Pour the ground beef mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the French fries evenly over the ground beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. Turn the oven off and the broiler on. Continue to broil the casserole on the middle shelf until the fries are crispy and start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the fries.
- Place back into the oven until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Categories: Casseroles, Cheese, Ground Beef, Potato
Thanks! I was shocked my 4 year old grandson asked to take the leftovers home…lol
UHHH this is heaven!! yumm! <3
OMG Linda I did not expect to like it and I LOVED it! Thank you and have a great day!! 💖
Looks like a fun, easy to make dish!
It really was Bernice! I have never had this before and did not think I would like it. Boy was I wrong!
That is the best. When you go in a skeptic and then love it!
Wow, this looks beyond relish! Do the fries get soggy though with all the moisture from the meat?
Not really. That’s why you bake them 10 minutes first, to get a crust started so they don’t get soaked with the sauce. Then I finish them off under the broiler until brown. Seriously Erica, this was amazing!
It doesn’t get more sinful than this, Diane😍
Jonetta it turned out amazing!!!! Thanks so much!
Those look delicious! 🤩
Thank you so much! ❤️
MMM – looks so good and I liked how you sneak in dehydrated onions and the grandkids don’t know! 🙂
I know it’s crazy how they never see the dehydrated onions and never say a word…lol Thanks Linda!
Thanks it was really good Jess!
oh wow….looks good. vw
Again, you had me drooling on my keyboard. The next time we have a big family potluck, I am bringing this. I know I’ll look like a hero.
Oh you sure will! It makes a nice quantity so it will be perfect for a potluck! Thanks! 💕
I seriously didn’t think I would like this. I was SOOO wrong!
It looks completely delicious!
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.
Thank you so much!
Oh my gosh, yum!!!!!
It really was Hunida. Everyone loved it! Thank you!
Wow! This looks good! I am planning on trying this soon. What’s not to like???
Thank you it was a huge hit here.