Hershey’s Frozen Chocolate Chip Pie
Delicious creamy chocolate filling in a chocolate crust then frozen. It was like eating an amazing restaurant dessert made by a chef. Top it off with whipped cream, if you wish, but it was so good just like this.
You won’t believe how easy this is to make and because it is frozen you can make it ahead of time. If you love chocolate wait until you taste this one!
Source: Hershey Cookbook
In a medium microwave safe bowl add the chocolate
chips and milk. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes.
Stir until smooth and creamy and
the chocolate chips are all melted.
Add the chocolate to the cream cheese.
Stir with a spoon until completely combined.
Let it sit a few minutes until room temperature.
Add the Cool whip.
Using a mixer beat on medium speed just until combined.
Spread the filling into the chocolate pie crust and top
with optional sprinkles. Cover and freeze until firm
then serve as is or with optional whipped cream.
Hershey's Frozen Chocolate Chip Pie
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. Cool Whip (or a non dairy whipped topping), thawed but refrigerated
- 1 – 6 oz. chocolate crumb pie crust
- chocolate sprinkles for topping, optional
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
- In a medium microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and milk. Microwave for 1½ minutes on high. Stir until smooth and creamy and all the chocolate chips are melted completely.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese and stir with a spoon until completely combined. Let sit a few minutes just until room temperature.
- Add the Cool Whip to the chocolate. Using a mixer beat on medium speed just until combined.
- Spread the filling into the pie crust and top with chocolate sprinkles. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Top with whipped cream, optional, and slice into serving size pieces.