Cheesy Creamy Seafood Pasta Casserole
Shrimp, scallops and crab tossed with pasta, two kinds of cheese and a delicious homemade creamy white sauce then topped with more shrimp. This casserole is packed with 3-1/2 pounds of seafood and 3 cups of cheese! This is a meal you will want to share because it makes a 4 quart casserole full and tastes too great not to share.
Cut the shrimp and scallops into small pieces.
Drain the canned crab and set aside.
Spray a 4 quart casserole dish
with cooking oil and set aside.
Cook the pasta according to the package
directions, drain and set aside.
Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter in a medium saucepan
over medium heat. Add the prepared scallops,
shrimp, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cook a few minutes until the shrimp
turns pink and the scallops opaque.
Drain the the butter and liquid from
the saucepan into a 1 cup measuring cup.
Add enough whole milk to equal 1 cup and set aside.
Place the pasta into a large bowl.
Combine the crab with the shrimp and scallop
mixture then add to the pasta bowl and toss.
Melt 6 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat.
Quickly whisk in the flour until smooth.
Whisk in the clam juice and the
1 cup of reserved milk mixture.
Whisk in the 2 cups of milk. Heat stirring constantly
until hot, bubbly and thickened. Remove from the heat.
Add the freshly grated parmesan
cheese, stirring until melted.
Add the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Stir until melted and smooth.
Pour the cheese sauce into the pasta
and seafood bowl. Toss to coat
everything in the cheese sauce.
Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
Cover and bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
While the casserole is baking, melt 1 Tbsp. of butter
with 1/4 tsp. paprika in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add and cook the remaining 1/2# shrimp for about
two minutes, turning over after 1 minute, until the
shrimp is opaque. Drain and set the shrimp aside.
When you remove the casserole dish from the
oven, place the cooked 1/2# of shrimp on top.
Add the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
cheese evenly over the top and sprinkle with paprika.
Turn the stove to broil and broil the casserole just
until the cheese begins to melt. Watch it carefully
because it will melt fast. Remove from the oven and
serve immediately. Garnish with green onion if you wish.
Cheesy Creamy Seafood Pasta Casserole
SEAFOOD MIXTURE INGREDIENTS:
1# shrimp (shelled, deveined and tail removed)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
5 green onions, sliced small
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1# fusilli pasta
1# can crab meat
6 Tbsp. butter
6 Tbsp. all purpose flour
1 – 8 oz. bottle of clam juice
1/4 – 1 cup whole milk (to add to seafood liquid)
2 cups whole milk
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/2# shrimp (shelled, deveined and tail removed)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 green onion for garnish, optional
1/4 tsp. paprika for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the shrimp and scallops into small pieces.
- Drain the canned crab but don’t cut it, set aside.
- Spray a 4 quart casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions then drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt 2 Tbsp. of butter. Add the shrimp, scallops, 5 sliced green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook a few minutes until the seafood turns an opaque color but do not over cook.
- Drain the liquid from the seafood into a 1 cup measuring cup. Add enough milk to the liquid to equal 1 cup and set aside.
- Place the pasta into a large bowl.
- Combine the crab with the shrimp and scallop mixture then add to the pasta and toss to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 6 Tbsp. of butter. Whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Whisk in the clam juice and the 1 cup of reserved milk mixture.
- Whisk in the 2 cups of milk and heat until hot, bubbly and thickened stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir until melted and the cheese sauce is smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce into the pasta bowl and toss to combine then pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp. of butter. Add the paprika and remaining 1/2# of shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes turning over halfway through. Shrimp will be opaque in color, do not overcook. Drain, discarding the liquid and set aside.
- Once you remove the casserole dish from the oven, lay the shrimp evenly over the top. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and place under the broiler until the cheese melts. The cheese will melt fast so watch it carefully as you don’t want to dry out the shrimp.
- Garnish with green onion, optional, and serve immediately.