Asian Pork Meatballs
Asian Pork Meatballs are delicious and made
with ground pork that is baked in the oven, tossed
with a simple Asian sauce then serve with rice and
your favorite vegetable. Adapted from: Food & Wine
Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add the ground pork, garlic, green onion, ginger,
sesame oil, salt and pepper to a bowl then
mix well with your hands.
Roll into 16 even balls with your hands and place
on the baking sheet without touching each other.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for
17 minutes or until the center of each meatball
is 165 degrees. Check frequently so you do
not over cook or under cook.
Meanwhile, add all of the sauce ingredients into
a small saucepan and whisk to combine.
Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
In a medium bowl add the hot meatballs.
Pour the glaze over them and toss gently until
all of the meatballs are coated with the sauce.
Place on a serving dish and serve. This is
great with rice and your favorite vegetable.
Asian Pork Meatballs
- 1½# ground pork
- 1 large green onion, diced small
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, chopped (or 1/8 tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger (or a pinch of ground ginger)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the ground pork, garlic, green onion, ginger, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Mix well using your hands.
- Roll the mixture into 16 even size meatballs using your hands, placing them apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 17 minutes or until every meatball is 165 degrees. Do not under cook and try not to over cook.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan add all of the sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- In a medium bowl add the cooked meatballs and pour the sauce over the top.
- Gently toss until all of the meatballs are lightly coated with the sauce then serve. This is great with rice and a vegetable.