Cajun Chicken or Turkey Pasta
Delicious Cajun Pasta that can be made completely on the stovetop, easily, with leftover Chicken or Turkey. This is a simple dish made with penne pasta in a cream sauce and topped with fresh parmesan cheese and diced tomatoes.
Prepare the pasta, al dente, according to
package directions. Drain and set aside.
Place the chicken or turkey into a bag.
Pour the Cajun seasonings into the bag.
Shake the chicken or turkey with the Cajun
seasonings until all of the pieces are coated.
In a large sauce pan over medium
heat melt 2 Tbsp. of butter. Add the
chicken or turkey and cook until hot.
Remove to a plate, cover and set aside.
Add the half-n-half
to the same pan.
Add the remaining butter, salt, pepper
and garlic powder. Stirring frequently
cook over medium heat until bubbly.
Add ½ cup of cheese, stirring until
melted and combined with the sauce.
Add the pasta to the sauce. Cook until the
pasta is hot and the sauce starts to reduce,
for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the chicken and toss.
Stirring constantly, cook another
minute until everything is good and hot.
Remove from the heat and let sit 5 minutes
so the sauce can absorb into the pasta.
Place into serving bowls, top with
freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
and diced tomatoes then serve.
Cajun Chicken Or Turkey Pasta
- 8 oz. penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & diced
- 4 tsp Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 cups half-n-half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Prepare the pasta al dente according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Place the meat into a large plastic bag, pour the Cajun seasonings into the bag and shake until the meat is completely coated in the seasoning.
- In a large sauce pan, melt 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat.
- Add the meat and sauté until the meat is hot. Remove the meat to a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Add the half-n-half to the same pan.
- Add the remaining butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stirring frequently cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese, stirring until the cheese is completely melted.
- Add the pasta to the sauce.
- Cook until the pasta is hot and the sauce starts to reduce, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the meat and toss. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly then remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to absorb into the pasta.
- Place in serving bowls, top with cheese and diced tomatoes then serve.