Cream Of Broccoli Soup
A delicious Cream of Broccoli Soup that cooks in about 10 minutes. Creamy, thick, full of flavor and sure to be a hit with anyone that loves broccoli.
Ingredients – Plus up to 1 cup milk
to add after soup has cooked
if it is too thick (optional).
In a large pot, add the Half & Half
then whisk in the cornstarch.
Add the remaining ingredients
except for the milk.
Stir and bring to a boil.
Turn to a simmer and simmer until the vegetables
are tender, about 5-10 minutes. Then, if the soup is too
thick for you, add up to 1 cup milk and stir.
Ladle into serving bowls and enjoy!
Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 4 cups Half & Half
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp powdered chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 small onion, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped small
- In a large pot add the Half & Half. Whisk in the cornstarch.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the broccoli and onion are tender.
- Optional: If the soup is too thick add up to 1 cup of milk.
- Place into serving bowls and enjoy!