Cajun Shrimp & Rice Lettuce Wraps
Serve these delicious Cajun Shrimp & Rice Lettuce Wraps warm or cold. Wrap them inside your favorite large lettuce leaves. They are packed full of shrimp, rice and perfectly seasoned for a great meal. You can also make them up ahead of time and refrigerate them for a quick lunch or snack.
Ingredients – Plus 1/4 cup water
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt
the butter with the olive oil and garlic
until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the shrimp and Cajun seasoning.
Stir, coating all of the shrimp
with the Cajun seasonings.
Cook just until the tails curl
but are not cooked through,
about 1 minute.
Salt and pepper then stir.
Add the tomatoes and green onions.
Stir, cooking one more minute.
Add the rice and 1/4 cup of water.
Stir until the rice is completely
mixed with the liquid. Cook another
3 minutes or until the rice is hot.
Add the parsley.
Stir in the parsley.
Remove from the heat.
Place large lettuce leaves on a large plate.
Fill the center of each leaf and serve.
Cajun Shrimp & Rice Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Cajun seasonings (more if you like it hot)
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Italian tomatoes, diced
- 4 sliced green onions, white and green part
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley (or 3 tsp dried)
- 8 – 10 large lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the olive oil, butter and garlic. Cook about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and Cajun seasonings. Stir coating the shrimp with the Cajun seasonings.
- Cook just until the tails curl, about 1 minute, but are not cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste then stir.
- Add the tomatoes and green onions. Stir cooking 1 more minute.
- Add the rice and water. Stir until the rice is completely coated in the liquid. Cook another 3 minutes or until the rice is hot.
- Add the parsley, stir and remove from the heat.
- Place rice mixture in the center of the lettuce leaves and serve.
These can also be refrigerated ahead of time and eaten cold.
Categories: Rice, Seafood, Vegetables/Slaws/Salads
I love lettuce wraps and these sound delicious
Thank you Beth they are really delicious.
Wow this looks amazing, can’t wait to try it.
Thank you it turn out amazing.
A variety recipe!😊
Yes thank you!
Thank you Saania!
Those look fabulous and we just bought shrimp. Great timing!
How perfect! Enjoy!
I might also try this as a main dish salad. Looks delicious!
That’s what I did Katherine. It is very filling. Thank you!
Yum! My recipes folder sure has gotten fuller since I found your blog!
That’s good and a very nice thing to say! Thank you!
Looks easy & delicious!
Can hardly wait to try this.
And can easily adjust ingredients for my family’s tastes.
Thank you Susan and yes you can adapt this to your taste very easily!
I love shrimps,can’t wait to try this recipe! 🙂
Enjoy I thought it tasted amazing! Thank you! 💕
Looks so good and tasty I can eat shrimp every day
Me too if it wasn’t so darn expensive! Thank you Tony!
What a great recipe, perfect for a light lunch, and perfect for me as I’m trying to reduce my bread consumption. I think I’ll be trying this soon Diane.
I really loved eating this cold! I made it and put the rice mixture on the refrigerator overnight then had it for lunch with the lettuce….so good! Thanks so much Chris! Let me know how you like it will you?
Pretty delicious recipe again, Diane!!
Mmm, this looks lovely!
Thank you Jo!
Better than Fish Tacos Diane? They look delicious.
Definitely! (I don’t care for fish…lol)
I’ve never had fish tacos … I hear they are delicious but I think I’d be more of a traditionalist when it comes to tacos.
What a great idea! And looks so nice!
Thanks so much!
My dad would be all over the cajun shrimp!
A man after my own heart! lol
I never thought to put rice in a lettuce wrap, yum!
It was very good. You should try it some day.
I love shrimp. I have never done lettuce wraps, I need to try it.
OMG they are so good and since you skip the bread you can have dessert right? 🤣
Now that sounds like a win/win to me, 😁