Beef & Bean Burrito Casserole
If you love Burritos then you have to try this delicious, easy and cheesy Beef & Bean Burrito Casserole. This tasted just like you are eating a Burrito but with a fork. A simple recipe to make but it tastes like you worked all day to make it. This recipe makes enough for 4-6 people and makes a great one dish family meal.
Adapted from: Show Me Nan
In a large frying pan, cook the ground
beef and onion over medium heat until
no pink remains. Drain the grease.
Add the taco seasoning then stir.
Add the beans and stir until combined.
Remove from the burner and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the
sour cream and the soup.
In a 4 quart casserole dish, spread half
of the sour cream mixture over the bottom.
Take 3 tortillas and either cut them or
tear them into small bite size pieces.
Spread the tortilla pieces evenly over
the top of the sour cream mixture.
Place half of the ground beef mixture
evenly over the top of the tortilla pieces.
Spread the rest of the sour cream
mixture on top of ground beef.
Cut 3 more tortillas into small pieces and
place them on top of the sour cream mixture.
Add the rest of the ground beef mixture.
Top with the cheese.
Bake, uncovered, in a preheated
350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven.
Beef & Bean Burrito Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp (or one pouch) taco seasoning
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz. taco cheese or your favorite
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion until no pink remains then drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasonings and stir.
- Add the refried beans and mix them into the ground beef thoroughly. Remove from the burner and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the sour cream and soup.
- In a 4 quart casserole dish, spread half of the sour cream onto the bottom.
- Cut or tear 3 of the flour tortillas into small bite size pieces. Place them on top of the sour cream mixture.
- Put half of the ground beef mixture on top of the tortillas.
- Spread the rest of the sour cream mixture on top of the ground beef.
- Cut 3 more tortillas into bite size pieces and place them on top of the sour cream mixture.
- Add the rest of the ground beef mixture.
- Top with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes and serve.
Categories: Casseroles, Cheese, Chili/Beans, Ground Beef, Spices/Seasoning, Uncategorized
Now you’re talkin’!
Lol thanks Laura!
Definitely, worth making!
Thank you it was very good! I went out on a limb with this one. I don’t care for burritos and I loved this. They taste just like a burrito but for some reason layered in a casserole I love it!
Looks yummy and easy.
Thank you Carla!
Tasty, easy-to-make recipes are the best.
I agree Sheryl! Thank you and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love that your dishes are family orientated, especially for kids
Thank you! My grandkids are here a lot so making it family orientated is easy..lol
My mouth is watering!
Oh yes, this looks amazingly delicious!
This looks good and just might be on our menu for later this week. Thanks for sharing.
It was a very easy meal to fix. It was a fabulous meal the day I made it but not as leftovers. I love leftovers but with this recipe the tortilla’s got soggy sitting over night. Enjoy we sure did.
I just might try this. Two of my most successful meals recently have been a 7-can Taco Soup (easy, quick, delicious!) and a Taco Tater Casserole which my kids went gaga over.
Oh my those both sound amazing! Who doesn’t love taco anything1
❤️ Have a great week!❤️