My husband gave me a break today and made the grandkids and myself homemade Italian Meatballs with spaghetti. He even did all of the dishes! This week just gets better and better! They tasted very good and were easy to make. He baked them in the oven and then simmered them in the spaghetti sauce…fabulous!
In a large bowl add all of the ingredients.
Using your hands, combine
all of the ingredients.
Place foil on a baking sheet.
Spray the foil with cooking oil.
Using an ice cream scoop
make balls with the meat
and place them on the foil.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and refrigerate,
freeze or use immediately.
Place half of the spaghetti sauce
in the bottom of a medium saucepan.
Place the meatballs on top.
Pour the rest of the spaghetti sauce on top.
Cover and simmer until the sauce
and meatballs are hot then serve.
- 1# ground beef
- 1# mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients mixing well with your hands.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking oil.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make balls with the meat mixture.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use immediately, refrigerate or freeze.
- Place half a jar of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a medium saucepan.
- Lay the meatballs on top.
- Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the meatballs and sauce are hot then serve.