No Bake Granola Bars
I have never had homemade Granola Bars before making these. I always thought the store bought were so good, wow was I mistaken! I am shocked at how wonderful these were compared to store bought. I will never buy another box of Granola Bars from the store again. I put a lot of goodies in my Granola Bars…… chocolate chips, peanuts, dried cranberries, raisins, oatmeal, coconut and Rice Krispies. Then there is the peanut butter, honey….etc. Of course you can add whatever you want to your own recipe. Check out my recipe below because this was a wonderful combination of flavor!
Source: Mennonite & Amish Recipes and More
Butter a 9” x 13” pan.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly
on the bottom of the pan.
In a large bowl place the oats, coconut,
peanuts, dried cranberries, raisins and Rice Krispies.
Mix together with your hands.
In a medium saucepan over medium low
heat mix brown sugar, honey and salt.
Stir until combined and continue to stir until
it boils and you cannot stir away
the bubbles. Boil for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir in
the peanut butter and vanilla extract.
Stir until smooth and creamy.
Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry mix
and toss until all of the dry mix is coated.
Once it was cool enough for me to touch, I finished
this by hand because it was easier than a spoon.
Pour the granola mix into the pan.
Use a spatula and press firmly all over the granola.
If you do not press hard enough the granola
will fall apart when you go to pick them up.
Let cool then cut into bars.
Wrap in plastic wrap, store in sandwich
bags or an air tight container.
No Bake Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- Butter a 9” x 13” pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly on the bottom.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut, Rice Krispies, peanuts, cranberries, raisins and oats.
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat mix the brown sugar, salt and honey. Stirring constantly bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla and peanut butter.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture on top of the dry ingredients and toss with a spoon. Once the mixture was cool enough to touch I finished this using my hands until all of the dry mixture is coated.
- Pour the granola mixture into the pan. Using a spatula press hard on the mixture. If you do not pack it tight enough the granola will fall apart when you go to eat it.
- Let cool, cut into bars and store in individual plastic wrap, sandwich bags or an air tight container.