How many times do you want to make a recipe but it calls for Buttermilk and you don’t have any?
Don’t you hate it when the recipe only calls for a cup or less of Buttermilk and you have to buy a quart and you end up throwing the rest away?
This is a simple way to substitute regular milk for Buttermilk when you don’t have any and you don’t feel like running to the store. This recipe is just for cooking, not drinking.
Pour milk into a measuring cup and add the vinegar.
Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Use this in your recipe in equal amounts to the buttermilk quantity.
- 1 cup milk, minus 1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- Pour milk into the measuring cup.
- Pour the lemon juice or white vinegar into the measuring cup.
- Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Use this in recipes in place of buttermilk in equal amounts.