Hershey’s Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
Hershey has the best recipes! This is the Hershey’s Deep Dark Chocolate Cake and is it good! Pair it up with the Hershey’s One Bowl Buttercream Frosting recipe (http://indianeskitchen.com/2018/02/24/hersheys-one-bowl-buttercream-frosting) and you have a great dessert to serve your family or your guests!
In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa,
baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
Beat on medium speed with a mixer for two minutes.
Stir in the boiling water (batter will be thin).
Pour the batter into the 9″ x 13″ pan that was sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick
comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
Let cool 10 minutes then remove the cake to a wire rack (I just leave mine in my pan).
Cool completely and frost.
Hershey's Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pan with non stick cooking spray. Use either two 9” round pans or one 9” x 13” x 2” pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake round pans for 30-35 minutes and rectangle pan for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the cake center comes out clean.
- Cool the minutes; remove from the pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Frost with the Hershey’s One Bowl Buttercream Frosting http://indianeskitchen.com/2018/02/24/hersheys-one-bowl-buttercream-frosting