Taco Baked Potato
Taco Baked Potatoes….it’s a meal! A large baked potato filled with taco flavored meat, topped with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and green onions. So go ahead and pick up some large baking potatoes and put your meal together in no time at all! Taco Baked Potatoes are easy to make, easy to clean up and delicious!!!
Ingredients – Also add 3/4 cup
water and diced tomatoes.
Wash and cook the potatoes
until cooked through.
In a large frying pan over medium heat,
cook ground beef until no pink remains.
Mix water and taco seasoning together
then pour over the meat. Cook 20 minutes
or until the liquid is absorbed.
Slice the baked potato on the top
horizontally then small slits vertically.
Using a fork, fluff the inside of the potato.
Spoon taco meat mixture over
the top of the cooked potato.
Sprinkle cheese over the top of the potato.
If you want to you can put it in the microwave
or under the broiler to melt the cheese but my
taco meat was so hot that it melted the cheese.
Place a large dollop of sour cream on top.
Garnish with diced tomatoes,
sliced green onions and serve.
Taco Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium or 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sliced green onion
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tomato, diced
- Wash and cook potatoes until cooked through and tender.
- Place ground beef into a large frying pan over medium heat and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- Combine the water and taco seasoning and pour over ground beef. Cook 20 – 30 minutes over low heat until liquid is absorbed.
- Slice the top half of the potatoes lengthwise and then make small slits making cross shapes along first cut.
- Using a fork, slightly fluff the potatoes leaving th skin intact.
- Spoon taco meat into the potatoes.
- Top with cheese (if you want to you can put potato in the microwave or under the broiler to melt the cheese but my taco meat was so hot that it melted mine).
- Add sour cream, tomato and green onion.