These are amazing! I have been making this recipe for almost 40 years now. It has all my favorite ingredients in it….Bob Evans Sausage, onion, cheese, Stove Top Stuffing, sauce and pasta! This is very easy to prepare ahead of time and bake later. This is a little time consuming to make, but easy and worth it!
Boil the shells according to package directions.
Drain and rinse in cold water.
Fill the pan up with cold water and
let the shells sit in the water.
Cook Stove Top Stuffing according to the
instructions EXCEPT increase the water to 2 cups.
In a large frying pan cook the sausage
and the onion until the sausage is
thoroughly cooked through.
Add the cooked stuffing to the sausage pan.
Mix sausage and stuffing together and let cool.
Pour half the spaghetti sauce into the
bottom of a 13” x 9” baking dish.
Use a spoon and stuff the shells with
the sausage mixture, packing it tightly.
Place stuffed shells, open side up,
on top of the spaghetti sauce in the pan.
Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the
stuffed shells and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Top with cheese and bake for 35 minutes.
Garnish with parsley……. DELICIOUS!
- 1 box large shell pasta, I cook them all in case some tear
- 1# bulk sausage, I use Bob Evans original
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz shredded pizza cheese, or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 box chicken Stove Top Stuffing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cook pasta al dente, drain, rinse in cold water. Fill the pan back up with cold water and put pasta in the cold water, set aside.
- Cook Stove Top Stuffing according to the package EXCEPT add 2 cups of water instead of what the package calls for, set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook sausage and onion until sausage is thoroughly cooked through.
- Combine stuffing with sausage, let cool.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Using a spoon stuff shells with the cooled sausage mixture, packing it tightly.
- Place stuffed shells, open side up, on top of the spaghetti sauce 5 shells across and 4 shells end to end lengthwise.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce evenly over the top of the shells.
- Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and bake for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.